|Language:||English: Business Level|
Japanese laser-based cutting and welding machine manufacturer seeks a Spindle Rebuild Engineer.
Position Title: Spindle Rebuild Engineer
Location: Novi, MI
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
1. The original built CNC Spindles to inspect, repair and rebuild with the company’s Spec
2. Spindle condition assessment as well as building a quote for repair to the customer
3. Spindle Room management including spare parts inventory, equipment maintenance
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Spindle Rebuild service—75%
Spindle assessment, Drawing review on spindle types, determining the required replacement parts, and rebuilding the spindle with the the company’s Spec as well as testing it to issue the quality assurance.
2. Provide Quotations—10%
Provide quotations after physical assessment of the received spindles in order to get the approval of the repair from the customer.
3. Inventory Control—10%
Manage day-by-day material activities, work with Spindle Rebuild Coordinator for replenishment of inventory
4. Assets Management—5%
Inventory check as well as equipment maintenance and make all gauges certified yearly.
5. Perform other duties as assigned —TBD
1. Technical Requirements:
Experience in the application & maintenance of spindle or related to machine tools preferred
2. Machine tool repair or operation experiences, or any mechanical repair field is strongly preferred
3. Excellent customer service, and communication skills internally and externally
4. Basic computer skills MS word, Excel