|Language:||English: Business Level|
Japanese laser-based cutting and welding machine manufacturer seeks a Control Field Engineer.
Position Title: Control Field Engineer
Location: Novi, MI
Reports to: Service Manager
1. To provide new or existing customers with the technical information and support.
2. To provide the installation and the production supports as per the company’s request.
3. To drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Equipment installation and its modification work --40%
・A skill to complete the equipment installation and provide the high quality products at the end.
・Need to understand the products to be able to provide training to the customer
・Be responsible to quickly resolve any control related product issue during the warranty period
2. Equipment Service Support –40%
・Trouble shooting skills is required on and off site of the end user.
・Control technical training & Management of overhaul project
・Customer service skill to develop and maintain the good relationship with the end user
3. Teamwork –20%
Cooperate with technical team/Parts Sales as well as Machine Sales team, and share information across the organization
1. High School graduate or certificate. Wiring experience and /or sequence, ladder program knowledge (ex. Fanuc, Mitsubishi), also machine tool or similar equipment work experience preferable.
2. Excellent customer service, listening and verbal communication skills. Self starter as well as team builder.
3. Ability to travel up to 50%, with some overnight travel. Flexibility to travel on short notice as well.
4. Job management skill. (Supervise sub-contractors and/or customer’s maintenance personnel.)
5. Physical Requirements: able to work at heights up to 6 ft , lift up to 50 lbs., kneeling, squatting, climbing ladders