|Location:||New York, NY|
|Language:||English: Business Level, Japanese: Conversation Level|
Japanese IT company seeks an IT Support Technician / Systems Engineer.
*This position is hybrid and requires the new hire to commute to the office about twice a week.
Location: New York, NY
Division: Customer Support Center (CSC)
Customers: Companies mainly Japanese in tri-state area and other states
Report to: TBD
This position is responsible for providing day to day IT support to customers.
Depends on the assignments’ requirements, employee may perform duties onsite/offsite basis.
Help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot infrastructure for customers in the
US, Canada Mexico.
As a part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical
competency, delivering infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of
availability, performance and security.
- Provide L1/L2 support for on-premise & cloud infrastructure; including Windows/Linux systems administration, endpoint management and protection, Active Directory, Office 365, Microsoft Exchange Server, virtualization, storage, TCP/IP, monitoring, etc.
o Windows Administration:
- Manage Active Directory, including the creation and administration of user and service accounts, group memberships, group policies, etc.
- Windows Systems Administration; including licensing, KMS, certificate management, etc
o Endpoint Management:
- Utilize tools to monitor and apply critical patches to physical and virtual hosts (in both private and public clouds)
- Utilize anti-virus/malware protection software and secure the production environment
o Systems Monitoring:
- Utilize solutions such as PRTG and Nagios monitor and log system health across theenvironment
- Create custom alarm sets and dashboards for troubleshooting
- Manage basic Cisco or equivalent products, including switching, routing, securitypolicies, etc
Level 1 (Entry Level)
• Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
Work Environment & Physical Demand:
Work Environment Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Lifting Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Physical Sight Able to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen; ability to measure or identify using eyesight.
• Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives.
• Identify and escalate issues to supervisors.
• Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by taking the extra mile.
• Keep records of all conversations in our call center database (Ticketing System, Customer Documents) in a comprehensible way.
• Manage and monitor customer’s installed systems and infrastructure using our ALERT (PRTG) System.
• Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets.
Level 1.5 (Intermediate Level)
• Isolate the issue what are the customer are experiencing and delegate to the correspond team for assistance.
• Troubleshoot beginner stage of technology issue for the customer.
• Management and resolve customer complaints.
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution Requirements
- Must be able to travel and work at clients' sites
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Not required but following certification is a plus and encouraged to take
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP
- Microsoft MSCA, MCSE for Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Core Infrastructure and Mobility
- AWS Solution Architect
$45K~60K (Non-Exempt, DOE)