|Language:||English: Native Level|
Japanese trading company is seeking a Finance Assistant.
Work Location: Schaumberg, IL
Division/Department: Finance Dept.
Reports to: Manager
Working hour: 9am to 5pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch
Pay: $28-$29/hour (DOE)
Reporting to the Manager, the Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting with preparation of cash balance, processing payments for all transactions in our system as well as with bank website, and collaborating with internal departments to reconcile any accounting discrepancies.
• Assisting with the preparation and management of cash balance, operating budgets, financial statements, and reports.
• Advising other departments on best practices related to fiscal procedures.
• Managing account records, issuing invoices, and handling payments such as generating L/C (import/Export) and foreign currency transactions
• Creating vouchers in company’s system and setting up customers bank info in bank’s system
• Collaborating with internal departments to reconcile any accounting discrepancies.
• Analyzing financial data and assisting with audits, reviews, and tax preparations.
• Updating financial spreadsheets and reports with the latest available data.
• Reviewing existing financial policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Handling loan/interest transactions with group companies
• Keeping records and documenting financial processes.
• Review and enter data
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Cross-reference data accurately
• Excellent organizational skills
• Works well independently and with a team
• At least 5 years experience working as a finance assistant
Specific Skill Requirements:
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• Utilize our system, bank website, and financial management software such as Forex
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Great analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to lift 10 lbs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or in a related field
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Advanced Excel skills
• Build and maintain relationships
• Knowledge of importing and exporting finance (forex trade payment)