|Location:||New York, NY|
|Language:||English: Business Level, Japanese: Business Level|
Japanese company seeks a Production/ DTP (Desktop Publishing) Staff.
In close collaboration with the firm’s global research production team based in Asia, Europe and the US, the DTP specialist will be in charge of the timely publication of bilingual (Japanese & English) equity research products for institutional investors distributed on the firm’s website and third-party vendors’ digital platforms, while adapting to relevant regulations and internal requirements for quality and style.
- Register Japanese publications in the system, prepare layout (including complex graphs and tables) for English documents, and review the data and texts of translated research products.
-Maintain daily communication with the global team in a timely and effective manner in order to smoothly publish collective research productions that aim to seamlessly cover market activities.
- Liaise with translators, analysts and other stakeholders based in various locations, and ensure timely progress and completion of projects.
- Produce and distribute daily highlights and newsletters in both English and Japanese, utilizing the firm’s in-house publication systems.
- Perform duties related to the preparation of research products including communication with outsource translators..
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word & Excel, including macro and style functions (Word) and complex formulas and graph components (Excel).
- Strong Japanese and English language skills; experience in editing, proofreading and publication, familiarity with business/finance/accounting terms and concepts, a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Effective high-volume email management using MS Outlook.
- Meticulous attention to data accuracy and stylistic details.
- Ability to understand and comply with internal and external rules, policies, and procedures, strictly applied to equity research production.
- Multi-tasking while flexibly dealing with changing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
Non-Exempt, $60K±3K, unguaranteed bonus estimate is about 10% of salary