|Language:||English: Business Level|
Japanese Telecommunications company is seeking an Application Engineer (fully remote).
As an application engineer, this individual will be involved in development and maintenance of application projects. Also, this person will be involved in providing system solution design by conducting hearing from the customers and researching available tools and technology market. As well, this person will be involved in technologies such as EDI, ERP, IoT, RPA, AI, BI, and other new technologies.
· System Analysis and Software Development
· Analyze the data and system environment including platform and software package being used by the customer.
· Conduct requirements gathering from the customer to create design specifications and technical documents such as the user guide and operation manual.
· Provide data analysis, design and development for software/application program.
· Perform to test and debug the prototyped software/application under development.
· Research appropriate software development language and tools on each project.
· System Implementation and Installation
· Create an implementation and installation plan including the executed test plan.
· Manage implementation plan coordinating with customers
· Perform installation of the prototyped software/application on testing server and/or production server at customer’s premises.
· Provide performance test and analyze evaluations made by customer.
· Provide debugging and modifications of the software/application during system development period.
· Provide user training with user’s manual for the developed software/application to the customer.
· System Administration Support and maintenance
· Provide system/software administration support for customer.
· Provide system/software maintenance including debugging and trouble shooting at shop and/or customer’s premises.
· Communicate with other department to perform debugging and troubleshooting when the trouble is caused by network and/or other system component.
· Up-date user’s manual and technical specification whenever is necessary.
· Collaboration with customers to understand needs, identify opportunities and propose technical solutions to their challenges assessing and consulting on existing processes
· Keep Management Informed－by reporting problems immediately to Management verbally or in writing in order to avoid confusion and further problems.
· Manage Time and Resources－by managing time and other resources (phone, fax, email) in order to maximize productivity and accomplish tasks on time.
· Research Up-to-Date, Current Software and Hardware Capabilities－by attending training and seminars; and by reading related magazines, journals and books.
· Document Work－by creating and keeping records and files of clients visits; and by maintaining various system backups for emergency restoration processes.
· Provide coordination services as a Project Manager.
· Provides customer support service
· Give satisfaction for customer by SI business and to get new projects or new customer.
· Contributes to the Team Effort
· Be flexible in work assignments.
· Cover for other Staff as needed.
· Accomplish related tasks when reasonably requested.
· Maintains professional and Technical Knowledge
· Attend job-related certification.
· Keep up on industry trends and applying that knowledge to the job.
· Acts on Constructive Feedback
· Be open to feedback from peers, supervisor, and clients.
· Improves Processes
· Exam departmental work process, research procedures, administrative procedures, etc…
· Recommend changes where appropriate.
· Coaches Junior Staff/Peers
· Contribute to the professional development of junior Staff or peers through coaching and training.
· Perform all other tasks, as assigned from time to time, pursuant to your supervisor’s direction; and
· Performs any and all other related duties, as assigned by the company, from time to time.
· Prior ERP, MRP, EDI, and RPA experience is a big plus
· Programming experience at least 5 years
· BS in computer programming related field or equivalent experience
· Very good communication abilities (verbal and written)
· Understanding or willingness to work with different culture i.e. Japanese
· Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT components
· Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
· Strong presentation skills preferred, demonstrated ability to train customers
• Working hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
• Benefit: Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Paid vacations and holidays 401(k)
• Start Date: ASAP (introductory period during initial 3 months)