|Language:||English: Native Level|
Japanese logistics company is seeking an Air Forwarding Operator / Coordinator.
This position is responsible for supporting the activities and processes of the Air Operations Department and for providing other general operations support as needed.
1. Investigates and plans the most appropriate route for a shipment, taking into account the perishable or hazardous nature of goods, cost, transit time and security
2. Arranges appropriate packing, taking into account the climate, terrain, weight, cost and nature of goods and the delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination
3. Negotiates contracts, transportation and handling costs
4. Obtains, checks and prepares documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with other countries' regulations and fiscal regimes
5. Offers consolidation services by air, sea and road, ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shippers who have insufficient cargo to require their own dedicated units
6. Arranges insurance and assists the client in the event of a claim
7. Arranges courier and specialist hand-carry services
8. Coordinates with Customs Broker and/or US Customs House as needed
9. Provides other general support regarding shipping and logistics coordination as needed. (Pick and pack, Inspection at W/house or Airport or Customer’s W/house. Etc.)
10. Operation System AS-400
B. Supporting Warehouse and Inventory Functions
1. Performs shipping and receiving functions as required
2. Enters inventory information into the company’s database
3. Tracks and updates inventory control information for customers and internal use
4. Supports physical inventory storage procedure and packaging (labeling and loading, etc.)
5. Provides all other general warehouse support as necessary.
C. Providing Troubleshooting and Customer Service Support and Debt Management
1. Reports issues/problems to Operations Supervisor or Manager without any delays
2. Notifies customers of delays or other issues as needed
3. Effectively troubleshoots issues appropriately and in a timely manner when they arise
4. Checks for consistency in the arrival and delivery notices
5. Updates information regarding any problems (late arrival, claims, damaged items, etc.) onto the company’s database
6. Provides general troubleshooting support to ensure customer satisfaction.
7. Handles accounts payable and receivable
8. Contacts clients about invoices that are past due
D. Managing Time and Resources
1. Uses tools provided by the Company (phone, fax, e-mail) to maximize productivity and to accomplish tasks on time.
E. Supporting Supervisors and Management
1. Participates in meetings
2. Reports problems to Supervisors and/or Management verbally or in writing to avoid confusion and further problems without any delays
3. Provides and learns TSA regulations as sub coordinator to be a TSA coordinator.
F. Following Corporate Confidentiality, Practices and Compliance
1. Follows all Company practices and policies (operation, accounting, confidentiality, etc.)
2. Complies with all industry and position related federal, state, and local regulations as directed by Management
3. Reports any potential risks related to information exposure or compliance failures to Management in a timely manner
4. Performs any other general actions required to ensure protection of the company’s confidential information and compliance with all certification and regulatory agencies.
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Zero to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.2. The Staff Member may be required to work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
3. Ability to use a computer and such applications as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook and be able to design custom reports as necessary.
4. Ability to use Company’s Database Program for Logistics Operation and Inventory Control.
Mon- Fri 9am- 6pm
Carson, CA (Los Angeles)