|Language:||English: Native Level|
Title: Field Sales Specialist
Industry: Trading, Agriculture
Location: Marysville, OH
Salary: $65-$70k (exempt)
Report to: Manager
Hours: 7AM to 4PM
About hiring company:
Company Description -Following increased demand for Non-GMO soybean in worldwide, with constant change on end-user’s quality requirement, we have been conducting business operation and produce best quality food grade soybeans for all over the world.
Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for over-seeing contract production of food-grade soybeans as well as maintaining all of the company’s grower relationship, acreage contracting, seed processing, field inspections, various program certifications and events, and working with accounting and warehouse dept for inventory control.
• Maintain and improve the company food grade soybean program (contract/negotiate with growers).
• Maintain relationships with all growers and visit them regularly
• Evaluating crop samples to determine seed lots, including collaboration with state seed labs
• Coordinate seed processing with third party processor, and KAPI’s plant manager and warehouse
• Coordinate seed delivery/pick up with growers
• Delivery of seed including seed returns and replants
• Review of grower contracts and ability to recruit new growers
• Mapping fields for inspections
• Collecting field data sheets from mapped fields and mailing them out to growers
• Compiling information from field data sheets into data base
• Assign fields/growers to inspectors
• Inspecting fields for the Identity Preserved Program if needed.
• Discuss with OSIA to maintain IP control
• Share planting and harvest progress with management, weekly updates
• Coordinate the annual grower meeting
• Coordinate attendance at events that promote marketing (conferences, Farm Science Review etc)
• Working with growers for agronomic support throughout the growing season.
• Maintain company website
• Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or in a related field
• At least 3 years experience
• Review and enter data
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Cross-reference data accurately
• Excellent organizational skills
• Works well independently and with a team
• Valid US driver’s license
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and Outlook
• Great analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to learn and keep updating market information in the industry
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Advanced Excel skills