|Language:||English: Business Level, Japanese: Business Level|
Our Electronics automotive group is involved in the design and manufacturing of various display technologies for automotive applications. The demand for these products has been steadily growing in vehicles and Sharp is leading these efforts to provide cutting edge technologies for our automotive customers both as a Tier 1 and Tier 2 supplier.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and passionate Program Manager for LCD products to be based out of our Southfield, MI office.
Role and Responsibilities
• Responsible for delivering displays as Tier 1 and Tier 2 supplier on time, at cost with quality.
• Understand customer expectations and translate them into actionable plan that is clearly communicated and aligned within various Sharp departments globally.
• Drive management tasks including goal planning, progress tracking, mentoring, team status reporting, prioritizing resources and tasks etc.
• Provide the team with a well-informed, accurate Point of View on Customer APQP requirements & Standards to ensure customer requirements are understood and fulfilled throughout the APQP Process.
• Lead the systematic completion of core Advanced Product Quality Planning tasks in coordination with Sharp Japan team to ensure readiness for downstream milestones.
• Conduct in depth review on the program status with the Sharp internal team. Identify risks and develop a plan for risk mitigation.
• Work closely with the engineering team and internal and external partners/customers to ensure everyone is aligned. Follow proper escalation channels to keep the project on track.
• Identify any gaps and work towards addressing them.
• Launch planning and support.
• The role will require the individual to be able to multitask on a daily basis.
• Responsible to develops and manages timing plan for the subsystem to ensure all CUSTOMER deliverables are met.
• Champion change management for the assigned products.
• Champion Appearance Approval Process for parts with decorative surfaces and finishes.
• Initiate subsystem and component releases in conformance with program timing.
• Develop problem resolution action plans for subsystem/component issues and track work plan to customer timing.
• Follows all appropriate TS/ISO work instructions.
• Maintains Business Records in accordance with defined guidelines.
• Support vehicle build process and vehicle signoff activities for all prototypes and manufacturing builds.
• Release parts within the CUSTOMER systems (Ford WERS).
• Order parts to support build events.
• Ensure timely closure of all CUSTOMER change requests.
• Support assembly plant or Tier 1 build events and development events.
• Lead root cause and resolution to verification and test incidents during product validation and support manufacturing and assembly plant problem resolution process.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Education. BS required, MS preferred in technical area.
• 5 or more years automotive experience (Ford preferred).
• Knowledge of automotive and electronics manufacturing processes.
• Knowledge of quality tools: APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, DOE, QFD, 8D, 5D etc
• Knowledge of QMS standards (VDA, ISO TS 16949)
• Clear understanding of Program Management concepts (including critical path, Gantt Charts) and Program Milestones and respective deliverables.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills, good computer skills to capture, analyze & summarize information and to present updates & provide recommendations to internal and external customers.