|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary:||$75-90K (DOE) |
|Language:||English: Native Level|
Job Description: Social Media Strategist/Content Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Salary: 75-90K DOE
The Content Manager will be responsible for managing and engaging social communities across channels and will function as a creative writer on day-to-day community engagement. They will be in charge of developing and executing creative social media tactics, in partnership with the client and with Sid Lee’s strategy and creative teams.
You spend your life online – you are a digital native – but you are also a huge fan of culture across a range of subjects and in touch with what’s happening offline and how that can impact the social space. You know how and when to start conversations, as well as when to participate and when to just listen.
You speak through images, animated GIFs, emojis, short videos, memes, and capture content with everything you do. But you also understand how to speak from the perspective of a brand’s voice, not your own – and in fact can switch between brands seamlessly.
• Identify daily, quick-turnaround reactive opportunities — throw lots of ideas at the wall each day with the agency & client teams and see what sticks.
• Identify & track larger ideas that are not necessarily reactive, but based on observations in the community, as well as contribute to a running list of brand-centric behaviors.
• Be an integral part of brainstorming for larger campaigns, bringing the audience perspective to all ideas.
• Monitor conversation on channels such as Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Pinterest — monitoring both people explicitly tagging the brand and people talking about them without tagging.
• Engage with fans, influencers, and publications multiple times a day. Not just answering questions, but creating moments that will garner press and extend brand love with faves, RTs, shares, etc.
• Develop, organize, prioritize, schedule and manage content with the client and internal team across all platforms.
• Deliver analytics-based reports to our clients in collaboration with our strategy team.
• Attend and cover key events to create content for the platforms.
• Foster relationships with influencers.
• Route customer service enquiries to the right channels on the client side and flag opportunities to surprise and delight audiences.
• Monitor client’s social listening tools and native platform analytics for top-line insights on what is working/not working on platforms.
• 3-5 years of experience as a Community Manager/Content Manager or similar role.
• Educational background in new media, communications, photography, or journalism preferred;
• Relevant agency, media or independent blogging experience is considered an asset;
• An impressive understanding of social media. You don’t need to have 50K Twitter or Instagram followers, but – you are connected, cultured & curious of the social space; • You know who’s who and can offer a POV on who best to engage with;
• Knowledge of local market and curiosity for global trends.
• Japanese bilingual preferred, but not must.
Statement on equal opportunity employment goes here
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.