|Language:||English: Native Level, Japanese: Business Level|
A Japanese machine tool maker seeks a HR Specialist.
Title: HR Specialist
Location: Schaumburg, IL (Hybrid)
Salary: $60k-$80k DOE
Essential duties to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation
• Process payroll: Bi-weekly and Monthly: Prepare ADP payroll report into Excel format for general journal entry, Post payroll totals thru cash disbursements journal, Review time sheet reporting for each employee to ensure proper time is being reporting (no errors), Internal commissions data recording, posting and payment thru payroll on monthly or quarterly basis.
• Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of both the Internet and Intranet sites, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information.
• Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
• Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
• Leads employee benefit orientations and other benefit training. Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
• Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
• Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
• Complete customer ISO and safety qualification questionnaires. Coordinates issuance of insurance certificates for liability and workers compensation as requested by customers
• Review and process workman’s compensation claims and related issues
• Manage employee cell phone plan and coordinate activations/cancellations/order new phones/address issues that arise
• Keeps the President and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
• Review 401(k) annual 5500 testing confirmation and acceptance for report submission and review quarterly employee information for 401(k) compliance purposes.
• Assist in preparation of corporate Business Filings: CA, NJ, IL annual report submission, California annual environmental report, California annual property statement, CA, NJ, IL Dept of Labor annual reports
• Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
• Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations. Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
• Establishes the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises. Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
• Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data.
• Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
• Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding customer accounts and employee commissions; complies with privacy act directives.
Suggested training and experience:
• Associate or higher degree with min. three years of related experience
• Position requires a detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic. Must be focused, well organized, and process-oriented.
• Experience with mainframe GL/Inventory system, P.O. costing, and intermediate skills in Excel and Word required.
• Bilingual of Japanese/English or Spanish/English preferred.