|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary:||$120K - 150K (DOE)|
|Language:||English: Business Level, Japanese: Business Level|
International Asset management company seeks a Assistant VP, Trader.
Functional Title: Trader
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Department: Fixed Income
Reports To: Head of Fixed income
Overtime Eligible (Y/N): N
This company seeks an adaptable team player to join us as an AVP, Trader. This individual will be responsible for executing credit related orders in compliance with trading procedures and portfolio guidelines.
• Execute portfolio manager generated credit related orders in compliance with trading procedures and
• Participate in internal meetings with Portfolio Managers and Credit Analysts as part of the investment
decision -making process.
• Engage in value additive conversations and solutions (index analysis, spread trend monitoring, relative
value, trade ideas, difficult to trade situations, alternative investments/comparable securities, New Issue
• Analyze each portfolio and advise portfolio managers accordingly, considering guidelines, customer
needs and risk-rewards.
• Build network with the broker/dealer community to obtain valuable bids and offers; facilitate improved
new issue allocations, market intelligence and act as a point of contact for the platform.
• Increase efficiency of execution and help create automated solutions for the desk’s processes and order
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related concentration required; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred.
• At least 3-5 years of experience in credit areas, fixed income and fund investing with an understanding of
the broad financial environment; trading experience preferred.
• Strong command of MS Office software and advanced Excel; proficiency with Bloomberg and related
automated trading tools (including marketAxess).
• Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English and Japanese.
• Detail-oriented, proactive and able to excel in a highly collaborative global team.
• A flexible team player able to adapt to change.