|Language:||English: Native Level|
Japanese major machine tool (EDM) maker seeks Application Engineer.
Title: Applications Engineer
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Salary: $30/hr DOE
Report to: General Manager
The Applications Engineer reports to the General Manager or National Service Manager and is responsible for sales and customer support. This includes before sale support through test cuts and demonstrations and after sale support through training, machine programming, problem solving and service. Applications Engineer usually specializes in a specific type of equipment, e.g. WEDM, EDM, Machining Center and 3D Metal Prtiner. Maintain integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with customers.
• Program machine via CAD /CAM software to perform test cuts and generate test cut reports to aid in sales efforts.
• Perform machine demonstrations to customers, including programming and analyzing results.
• Provide on-site and off-site machine operation classes and training to new customers.
• Provide customers with continued technical support on machine setup, programming and operations.
• Use analysis and testing to assist customers in identifying machine problems and finding solutions.
• Coordinate weekly application work schedule with Application Manager.
• Participate in industry trade shows.
• High School Diploma required.
• 5 – 7 years of hands on Sinker EDM and Wire EDM experience, including programming, setup and machine operations preferred.
• CAD/CAM training preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills, including ability to maintain integrity and ethics in all conversations and actions with customers.
• Detail-oriented and able to get work completed in a manufacturing environment.
• Self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision and to calmly handle stressful situations