|Location:||Santa Fe Springs, CA|
|Salary:||$63.2K (DOE) |
|Language:||English: Native Level|
Under minimal supervision, the Sake Sales Specialist is the principal selling agent for the company and is responsible to achieve the short-and long-range sales objectives. Objectives will be achieved by maintaining existing customers in their assigned area. A Sake Sales Specialist will also assist the Managers in establishing future growth potential for new business and concentrate on expanding the gross profit for Company’s alcohol sales. The person is required to coordinate sales activities and promotions with other employees and administrators of the company as well as customers and clients of the company with respect to their needs, concerns and schedules.
Essential Job Functions:
• Sales activities, review of product mix, price adjustments, education for branch sales departments, etc. to improve sales and gross margin of liquor category products.
• Evaluate territory performance against established objectives/ guidelines (sale forecast, budget, number of new accounts, gross margin, etc.) and expand on potential customer.
• Participate in sales with suppliers and product-related meetings as necessary.
• Participates in trade shows, company sponsored exhibitions, and other similar events.
• Cooperate in digital marketing, social networking, catalogs, and menu creation.
• Engage in product optimization of liquor category and based on market research identify, create and develop pricing strategy and market trend for liquor category.
• Strategize with Sales Division and Product Procurement Division to establish long-term product line goals and execute product improvement/ launch initiatives.
• Travel to customers and potential customer’s facilities providing them with information and support as required to secure and maintain business.
• Establish, maintain, and develop business, social and civic relationships with customers in the assigned territory to maximize company liquor profitability.
• Responsible for selling company products to all customers in the assigned territory.
• Grow business by anticipating customer needs, determining appropriate solutions to business problems, and providing an overall high level of customer service.
• Communicate plans to customers and effectively manage resources to support sales volume.
• Communicate new product and service opportunities, information or sales development technique to branch sales staff.”
• Provide timely reporting of activities in the field to assist in business and product planning.
• Submits sales activity reports and other reports as needed.
• Attend quarterly inventory count.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience/ Training/ Education:
The ideal candidate will have a High School Degree or GED and 3 years of related sales experience; Require excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, Outlook); Excellent oral and written communication skills; Must have a valid US driver’s license (Canada driver’s license for Canada positions); knowledge of sake, shochu and beer products and services; knowledge of Oracle ERP system;
Knowledge/ Skills/ Ability:
The Sake Sales Specialist must have the ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under various time constraints; Ability to perform his or her job responsibilities as the workload fluctuates; multitask and keep projects progressing simultaneously; Strong communication and conversation skills; knowledge of sake, shochu and beer products and services; knowledge of company’s customers’ needs and wants and the ability to sell the products to them; Ability to be outgoing, courteous, genuine and approachable; Ability to be self-confident and mature, with a positive attitude and approach to work; Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with the sales staff, management and clients; Ability to be cooperative and able to work as part of a team; Ability to verify, drafts, and update database quickly and accurately; Ability to travel to customer’s location; Thorough knowledge in Microsoft application (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); Thorough knowledge to use Oracle ERP software.
Sake Sales Specialist has large territories and travel considerably. Because a sales area may cover several areas, Sake Sales Specialist may be away from home for several days or weeks at a time. Others work near their home base and travel mostly by car. Because of the nature of the work and the amount of travel, Sake Sales Specialist may work more than 60 hours per week. Sake Sales Specialist often are on their feet for long periods and may carry heavy sample products (up to 50 pounds), necessitating some physical stamina. Dealing with different types of people can be stimulating but demanding. Sake Sales Specialist often faces competition from other companies. Companies usually set goals or quotas that associate are expected to meet. Sake Sales Specialist is also under the added pressure to maintain and expand their clientele.
Work hour: Mon – Fri. 8am to 5pm
Office attendance is depend of sales activities.
Mileage for vehicles used in sales is paid based on distance.