|Language:||English: Business Level|
Japanese logistics company is seeking an Export Agent.
1. Communicate with carriers, overseas agents, and customers via telephone and email.
2. Take booking requests and export customer service calls.
3. Make sure having current buying/selling rates set-up for every export shipment.
4. Complete proper export documentation and send pre-alerts.
5. Request documents from shipper as required, this includes the power of attorney, commercial invoice, packing list, insurance certificate and SLI.
6. Check the shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments.
7. Create quotations for customers request
8. Review standard operation procedures to ensure compliance with all regulations, TSA, ISO, IMDG and Export Control including AES/EEI.
9. Notify customers of any delays regarding arrival or delivery of their cargo.
10. Responsible for special shipments involving perishables and/or be in-charge of special accounts.
11. Close out files in a timely manner within 2-5 days.
12. Dispatch drivers to customers to pick up freight and monitor its arrival for consolidation.
13. Handle accounting processes accurately and in a timely manner as they apply to the export department.
14. May require driving company van, forklift, and use of scales.
15. Perform other duties as assigned. 16. Cross Train as time permits.
- Minimum High school diploma
- Business level English reading, writing, listening, and speaking skill
- 3+ years of import or export operation experience in Freight forwarding infudtry
9:00am - 6:00pm