|Language:||English: Native Level|
A major Japanese food/beverage manufacturer is seeking a Logistics Manager in NY
Position Title: Logistics Manager
FLSA (Exempt or Nonexempt): Exempt
Expected start working date: ASAP
Office: Dumbo, Brooklyn (1 stop from Manhattan by Subway)
【General Position Summary】
This role is accountable for the following functions: Transportation Network Strategy and Analysis, Inventory & Order Management, Financial Management of Logistics Services, 3PL (3rd party logistics) Transportation and Warehouse Services, Sourcing, Negotiation, Contracting and Supplier Management.
【Essential Job Functions】
*Transportation Network Strategy & Analysis
• Monitor and analyze 3PL and market outlook data to determine and procure most cost effective
and efficient transportation modes.
• Identify, assess and maintain KPI’s for 3PL’s and make recommendations for continuous cost
• Develop a multi-channel distribution strategy for wholesale, retail, food service and e-commerce.
• Evaluate SOP’s and ensure they are consistently and adhered to by all 3PLs and certifications
• Implement and assess EDI and other electronic information exchange formats between INA and
freight providers and participate in the evaluation of all IT services related to logistics and
• Participate as a key recommendation provider in the process of evaluating future warehouse
locations and global supply chain network.
• Act as a coach to department staff and provide appropriate feedback for improving overall work
efficiency. Provide recommendations as to hiring and firing of department staff
*Inventory & Order Management
• Ensure that optimum levels of merchandise, packaging, and supplies are maintained for 3rd party
warehouses and replenish inventory as needed.
• Arrange transportation relevant to distribution by processing and dispatching release orders.
• Instruct multiple warehouses to coordinate transport and delivery of inventory to wholesale
accounts and events.
• Assess and maintain inventory and other assets as needed daily; Oversee physical inventory on
a quarterly basis or as needed and reconcile the inventory to book balances.
• Manage and take ownership of INA’s total freight spend budget by monitoring freight rates and
accessorial charges and vouchering invoices.
• Negotiate contracts for freight & warehousing services to achieve the highest value for INA.
• Drive logistics and transportation decisions that will impact company revenue, profit and growth
*Contract Packaging (Re-pack) Initiatives
• Develop and implement contract packaging initiatives including:
o Identify packaging options
o Source packaging components
o Submit RFPs to potential suppliers
o Negotiate with suppliers with a focus on cost, sustainability and market lead times.
*Participates in Meeting; by serving on the Production Planning Meeting committee/S&OP meeting and attending other meetings
with Senior Management as necessary
*Keeps Management Informed; by reporting on all incidents quickly to eliminate problems; and by communicating with Management
regularly regarding the needs of the Restaurant and Tea Shop.
*Complies with Federal, State, and Local Practices; by promoting and maintaining all relevant policies and procedures.
【Essential Job Requirements】
Strong skills in Transportation Analysis and negotiation.
*Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or minimum 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA is a plus.
*Language required: Native level English
Special Skills: Proficient in MS Excel; Experience analyzing KPI data, transportation costs and working with 3PLs. Must have a thorough understanding of modal operations including intermodal, FTL, LTL and parcel. Reverse logistics and previous EDI experience also a plus.
Working Hours (Time & Days): M-F 9am -5pm
Overtime: 5 hours/week
Travel Frequency: 10-20 %
Start : ASAP (WFH until the office officially opens)