|Language:||English: Business Level, Japanese: Business Level|
Japanese forwarding company seeks an Assistant Operation Manager OR Manager.
- Assists subordinate employees to resolve complex operation problems.
- Motivates, develop and mentors employees for improved performance.
- Researches and plans the most appropriate route for shipments considering the nature of items and the requirements set by customers.
- Arranges appropriate packaging considering the climate, weight, nature of products, costs, delivery and warehousing of goods at the final destination.
- Obtains, checks and prepares any required documentation to meet customer and insurance requirements.
- Coordinates with third party vendors to transfer items smoothly in accordance with customer requirements.
- Arranges payment of freight fees and other associated charges.
- Keeps track of shipping status using assigned systems.
- Prepares invoices to customers and takes necessary steps for collection.
- Updates standard operation procedures (SOPs).
- Prepares quotations according to customers’ requests, ensures quotations are competitive and reasonably profitable at the same time through negotiations with subcontractors etc.
- Visits current and expected new customers with the Manager/General Manager to maintain close contact and promotes new business
- Handles, troubleshoots and assists customers in the event of a claim.
- 5+ years of freight forwarding operation experience
- Management experience preferred
- Japanese bilingual
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Assistant Manager $55-65K (Exempt)
Manager Up to $80K