|Salary:||$20 - 23/hour |
|Language:||English: Business Level|
Japanese trading company seeks a logistics & customer service assistant.
Start Date: ASAP
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Work hours: 9AM - 6PM
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION
This position is responsible for handling the administrative work to coordinate the trading/sales performed by the business department. Responsible for coordinating the organization’s daily logistical operations, including inventory control, order fulfillment, and distribution. In addition, will prepare the documentation and complete the required forms for the contracts, shipping arrangements, billing, and credit memos. Must be able to arrange/schedule transportation and track the movement of products and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the organization’s daily logistical operations such as taking order, preparing purchase order, tracking shipment, and monitoring inventory balance
- Acts as liaison between customers, freight carriers and purchasing department
- Arrange transportation, track, and record the movement of machine based on instructions from the supervisor or specifics within the contract
- Answer routine questions about products, services, and order status from customer satisfactory
- Pack and ship printing materials and display booth for exhibition
- Operates computer and appropriate software
- Proofreads records or forms and maintain sales/logistic files and office records
- Assist sales/clinical staff with other clerical and administrative support
- Making occasional travel arrangements
- Prepare yearly holiday mailings
- Support office administrative task
- Must demonstrate the following emotional intelligence skills:
Excellent Communication Skills
Flexibility / Adaptability
Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the work place, complying with company’s policies and procedures.
Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
- 1-2 years of experience in Logistics required
- MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and especially Excel)
- SAP experience preferred