|Location:||New Jersey(Bergen County)|
|Language:||English: Business Level|
Japanese construction company seeks a Project Manager
LOCATION: NJ-Job Site or Branch Office, as appropriate
LEVEL: The (Asst*/Senior*) Project Manager reports and is responsible to a Project Executive or Business Unit Leader
PURPOSE: It is the function of the Project Manager to manage the COMPANY project team on a project (or multiple smaller projects) to ensure delivery to the client of the services committed to by COMPANY.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To coordinate and direct the Design, Estimating, Purchasing,
Engineering, Accounting, Cost, and Construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project under his/her direction.
2. To see that the master progress schedule is established and maintained, incorporating dates and times for owner decisions, availability of design information, procurement of materials and subcontracts, and lead times for fabrication and field installation,
3. To establish and maintain effective relationships with the Client and COMPANY project team and their various subcontracted services.
4. To execute projects in conformance with the contract documents and achieve expected financial results.
5. To assure that the ’s standard of quality is established and maintained throughout the project.
6. To effectively organize manage and train the field and office staffs of the project and assure the continued development of assigned staff by use of performance evaluations, varying assignments and promoting a positive project morale.
7. To ensure that all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations and Equal Employment Opportunity are met.
8. To ensure that applications for payment by the Client are properly submitted, payments promptly received, and funds are properly disbursed.
9. To keep management informed as to the progress of the project, its financial and cash positions, and current status of Client relations.
10. To perform buyout or assist Preconstruction Manager in buyout process
11. To adhere to and positively support the ’s safety policy as set forth in the ’s Safety Manual.
12. Perform additional assignments as required by the operating needs of the Business Unit or as directed by the Business Unit Leader or Regional Manager.
1. A four-year degree in Engineering or Architecture or Building Construction, and at least six years (4 years for an Asst. Project Manager and ten years for a Senior Project Manager) experience required.
2. Extensive building construction experience complimenting non-engineering or architectural training is also appropriate.
3. Experience in pre-construction and construction services for a variety of building construction types is desirable.
4. Extensive knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating and engineering principles and techniques
5. Knowledge of various design & construction means, methods and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances.
6. Demonstrates management, leadership, and interpersonal skills.