|Salary:||$60K and up DOE +Bonus|
|Language:||English: Business Level, Japanese: Conversation Level|
Global electronics Manufacture seeks a Field Service Engineer to serve at its client site in Albany,NY
Work location will be determined upon joining the company, so the candidate should be open for the both locations.
Relocation support provided!
The company is a well established public company headquartered in Japan.
The company serves one of the largest manufacturer of electrical parts in the world.
This is an excellent opportunity to build your career at a leading company in the global market.
Field Service Engineering
• Receives service calls from customer. Determines customer need or problem and responds accordingly.
• May provide over-the-phone consultation and advice to customer, may need to respond to emergency customer situation or may schedule and repair Company’s products at customer site.
• Performs preventative maintenance on Company products.
• Establishes and manages a local maintenance service structure.
• Inspects and evaluates customer usage of Company products.
• Provides training to customers in usage and maintenance of Company products.
• Provides application support on Company products to customer.
• Provides liaison between customer and applications programmer for customer requests involving change in applications.
• Researches market needs and customer applications of Company products.
• Submits application report to management in a timely manner.
• Supports sales activities and establishes and maintains good relationship with customers.
• Participates in sales meetings as required.
• Provides training to other Company field service engineers as needed.
• Submits various reports, such as service reports, weekly report, and expense report to management in a timely manner.
• Receives follow-up and additional training on Company products in Japan.
• Responsible for maintaining company parts and tools.
• Minimizes downtimes of Lasertec systems.
• Effectively communicates with Japan headquarters’ engineers regarding the product applications, technical issues, etc.
Other & Miscellaneous
• Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned by Company management.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
• Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for solution.
• Maintains good communication with supervisors, other staff members, customers and others.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area including any work conducted at customer sites.
Education & Work Experience
• Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous work experience in a similar position would be a plus.
Tools & Equipment
• Use of hand tools, electronic diagnostic equipment, test fixtures equipment.
• General office equipment including phones, personal computer, email, fax, copier and includes pager and mobile phone.
• Software includes the use of Windows operating system & MS Office.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Employee may maintain a home office and travels and performs work as scheduled at various customer locations.
• Requires frequent driving including overnight by both car and plane as necessary. In addition, must be able to occasionally travel to Japan for product training.
• May require weekend work on occasion and on short notice.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
• Ability to visit Japan for a training for 2+ months.
• Japanese fluency is highly desired (at least conversational level preferred).
• Working in a clean room environment.
Work hours Mon-Fri 40 hours/week (1hr lunch break) Flex
• Non exempt position (Not frequent overtime expected)