|Salary:||$19 - 22/hour (DOE)|
|Language:||English: Business Level|
Japanese company is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk.
***This is a Temp to Hire position.
General Position Summary
This position is responsible for performing as a Back-up for accounts payable and receivable functions as well as other clerical accounting duties.
Essential Job Functions
Accounts Payable – 85%
• Provides COGS and Expense payable information to the outsource service agent.
• Audits invoices against purchase orders and research discrepancies; forward to management for payment approval.
• Records the payment information into GP by coding for general ledgers and files invoices.
• Prints Aging Reports to verify payment dates and pay periods.
• Files a copy of accounts payable checks.
• Prepares commission checks monthly.
• Answers all vendor inquiries.
• Keeps invoice and reimbursed expense balance on appropriate reports.
• Conducts Cash Disbursement Reports to review and submits for approval to Manager.
• Arranges bank transfer among affiliates.
• Reconciles aging payables for month end closing.
• Prepares and files monthly/quarterly/yearly Sales Tax and reconciles general ledgers for each state; maintains files.
Other & Miscellaneous - 15%
• Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
• Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisors.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
• Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisors for solution.
• Maintains good communication with supervisors, office staff members and outside contacts.
• Complies with all company policies and procedure.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
Job Dimensions (skills, knowledge & abilities)
Essential Job Dimensions
Accuracy, Attendance & Punctuality, Attention to Detail, Bookkeeping, Clerical, Communication: Speaking, Reading and Writing English, Confidentiality, Dependability/Reliability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Initiative, Listening & Understanding, Math Skills, Monitoring/Control, Multi-Tasking, Office Equipment Usage, Order Processing, Personal Computer Usage, Planning & Organizing, Problem-Solving, Team Participation, Time Management, Typing Skills
Education & Work Experience
• High School diploma; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Between two to four years of previous experience in a similar position.