|Language:||English: Business Level, Japanese: Native Level|
Japanese logistics company seeks an Export agent.
Start date: ASAP
Work hours: Mon- Friday 9:00 - 5:30PM
Responsible for assisting in the preparation and distribution of export documents according to instructions from the direct supervisor (Team Leader or above). Ensure accuracy and compliance to instructions.
• 75% Preparation of Export (Import) shipments and distribution of Export(Import ) Documents ** Main Export
• 25% General business support function as assigned
• Prepare Export shipments for assigned customers. This include booking to Ocean Liner, arranging pick up, preparing export documents such as Bill of Lading etc.
• Update customer on shipping status.
• Prepare import documents for distribution to brokerage department and/or Customers’ Broker
• Coordinate pick up and delivery orders with trucking companies, steamship line and/or bonded facilities in order to obtain necessary information in order to process shipments in the best way.
• Filing and data entry.
• Issue freight bills and invoices to brokers and responsible for collecting unpaid invoices within credit term.
Minimum Requirements, Education, and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalency certificate or significant or relevant or appropriate working experience.
• Some computer skills including data entry and maintenance and working
• Some knowledge of general and Export Computer application technology desirable
• Some knowledge of international commerce (Incoterms, method, customs regulations etc.) desirable
• Good verbal and written communication Skill
• Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule including weekends and holidays as necessary
• Good teamwork skills and inclination
• Good basic communications skill
• Patience – ability to deal with complex processes that may involve multiple levels of approval