|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary:||$50k to $60k (DOE)|
|Language:||English: Native Level, Japanese: Conversation Level|
Japanese Chemical company seeks a Logistics Assistant in NYC
Well established Chemical manufacturer
FUNCTION Logistics and Administration
REPORTS TO Unit Leader, Manager
LOCATION New York
【Duties and Responsibilities】
Managing Logistics, Administration and General Affairs activities in the United States of America, including but not limited to
• Complete accurate purchase orders to HQ office according to customers’ orders
• Negotiate with HQ office to obtain best shipping schedules for customers.
• Contact customers to confirm delivery date and address.
Respond to delivery related inquiries and concerns from customers.
• Forward the shipping documents to custom brokers and customers
• Coordinate with the forwarding agent and provide accurate, up-to-date
• information to customers
• Notify customers about any delivery delays in advance
• Enter the daily PO transactions into our system
• Prepare proper invoice for billing to our customers
• Monitor consignment inventory carefully
• Issuing Purchase Orders, send Invoices and Purchase Orders,
• inform delivery status in a timely manner
• Upgrade Logistics Systems by developing SAP or SAGE process
• manual detailing filing and shipment tracking methodologies,
• logistics presentation for Sales people
• Prepare and submit Sales Record monthly 8th business day of each month.
• Gain Logistics knowledge - attend seminar
• Ensure all customers support done correctly and on timely basic.
• Accuracy, quality satisfaction
• Manage, determine office related purchasing items, research vendor,
• Presenting recommendation, showing correct purchases
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail/Self-learning skills
• Logistics Knowledge skills and abilities
• Adaptability/Continually seeking improvement
• Computer literacy and the ability to use various specialist applications
• Good analytical and creative problem solving skills.
• “People person” who is confident and has a positive personality
• Strong organizational and time management skills are critical – must adhere to deadlines,
• multi-task and be able to prioritize.
• Ability to work both independently, with minimum supervision, and in a team environment
• Ability to learn quickly, manage workload in a cooperative and demanding environment
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
• Japanese skill is a plus
• A few years of experience in logistics or administration is preferred
Generally 40 hours a week
New York, NY
$50k to $60k DOE