|Location:||Farmington Hills, MI|
|Language:||English: Native Level, Japanese: Conversation Level|
Japanese tire-2 seeks a Sales Account Manager.
General position Summary
This position is responsible for developing and generating new business; serves customers by selling products; meets customer needs.
Finalizes/summarizes customer requested documents.
• Contacts customers to discuss their needs, and explain how their needs could be met by specific company products offered.
• Provides sales presentations on the Company profile as well as Company products to potential and existing clients.
• Travels throughout assigned territory to call customers to solicit orders, answer questions, provide product information, obtain RFQ, etc.
• Displays or demonstrates product, using actual product demonstration or sales literature, and emphasizes saleable features.
• Quote prices, create cost breakdown based on cost information provided by HQ and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained; Maintains customer records.
• Negotiates with customers for the prices of products and tooling and annual price reduction including LTA.
• Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of inventory and delivery schedules.
• Prepares sales activity reports and keeps expense accounts.
• Keeps informed of new products, services, logistics and other general information of interest to customers.
• Build relationships with key decision makers. Act as liaison and single point of contact with major customers.
• Develops and implements action plans that increase company product presence, either face-to-face or phone contact with customers to ensure adequate stock is on-hand to meet anticipated sales.
• Works with Sales Manager to keep account activities up to date.
• Shares customers’ needs, price targets, spec information, delivery requirements, production information and quality issues to multiple personnel including Sales, logistics, Engineers, Quality Assurance, and Production Departments both internally and at Japanese headquarters.
• Manages performance of product developments, mass-production delivery and finds solutions for problems in a timely manner.
• Translates sales, marketing, product related documents from headquarters in Japan before being sent to clients.
Makes efforts to gain product knowledge and familiarize with the product markets.
• Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
• Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Sales Manager and President.
• Reports to work daily (M-F) based on company schedule and complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Travels on a regular basis by both car and plane to meet customers.
• Follows up to complete any assigned work.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace
•Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five to six years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Over 5 years for Sales Account Manager experience in Automotive manufacturing industry.
• Math Skills – Ability to productively work with numbers and accurately perform arithmetical, algebraic or geometric calculations as needed.
• Negotiation – Able to identify and make trade-offs and concessions while also achieving personal, department, or company goals.
• Presentation – Effective expression of information, ideas and concepts formally to group of people. Uses supporting media appropriately.
• Product Knowledge – Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of company’s products and/or services.
• Technical Communication – Able to communicate (reading, writing, speaking) by using the specialized vocabulary, terminology and concepts.
• Language skills – Able to read, write and speak English and Japanese proficiently.