|Location:||New York, NY|
|Language:||English: Business Level, Japanese: Native Level|
An international biotechnology company seeks a Program Manager in NYC (or remote)
【About the company】
Head quartered in Japan (public company) that has been growing its business in USA since its establishment.
Currently it is a leading company of its service of outsourcing experiments for major pharmaceutical companies and academia.
Department: Research Planning and Business Development
Job Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Vice President
Location: New York Office or Full Remote
Type of Position: Exempt, Full-time
【Objective of Role】
Project Management tasks mainly include:
- Responsible for the management and operations of all active projects in the department.
- Support and provide reports to Vice President to complete the practical operations and to
achieve all project timelines and deliverables by managing the process and project personnel.
- Evaluate feasibility of projects requested by clients.
- Develop project proposals including study design, timeline and cost.
- Review, negotiate, and execute contracts.
- Closely work with external organizations (e.g. subcontractors) and colleagues in North America
and Japan across time zones to finalize and execute project plans.
- This role has hours of operation during NYC office hours, but requires some flexibility to
communicate directly with Japan colleagues during Japan hours on some days.
- Monitor and manage activities of both internal and external organizations to deliver
products/services to clients on time.
Scientific Affairs tasks mainly include:
- Discuss scientific background, research goals and experimental methods with leads and clients.
- Review and understand preclinical study designs, protocols and reports.
- Prepare scientifically accurate study outlines.
【Core Skills for the Successful Candidate】
- Outstanding leadership and management skills, written and verbal communication skills for
client promotions, presentations, discussions, and more
- Strong foundational knowledge and learning ability in science and a high level of interest in
- Critical thinker with ability to execute decisions and ideas
- Ability to work as a team and individually
- Professional appearance and communication skills
- High level of skill and ability to use Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Google Suite
(Drive, Mail, Calendar), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, and more
- Work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional internal teams to create deliverables
- Capable of precisely preparing documents and filing
- Capable of precisely conducting data entry and management
【Qualification for the Role】
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in life science fields such as Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Organic Chemistry, Biotechnology, Medical Sciences, etc. Advanced degree a plus. Business degree combined with professional experience in the above fields may be considered.
- Work Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the client development role, project management role, business development role, life science field, etc.
- Possesses a high level of accuracy and organizational skills
- Maintain a high level of trust and confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Language: Japanese (native/full professional proficiency), English (business level)
- This role has hours of operation during local hours, but requires some flexibility to communicate directly with Japan colleagues during Japan hours on some days.
- Travel: Ability and willingness to travel up to 15%