|Language:||English: Native Level, Japanese: Conversation Level|
A Japanese Trading Company is seeking an Accounting Specialist.
Position: Accounting Specialist
Type: Full Time
• Assist the Accountant(s) in preparing consolidated internal and external financial
statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system.
• Gather invoices from vendors/suppliers/manufacturers/forwarders and others, and
put the data in the Company’s accounting system.
• Request the Company’s corporate lawyer to wire transfer to vendors/
suppliers/ manufacturers and others.
• Prepare checks for payments to vendors/suppliers/manufacturers/forwarders and
• Prepare the accounting payable data.
• Manage employee credit/debit card charges.
• Contact the third-party for the payroll of the Company’s full-time and part-time
employees and assist them in the payroll.
• Review the Company’s bank accounts, and manage miscellaneous – petty cash –
• Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
• Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and
recommend any necessary changes.
• Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Convert data to general ledger system.
• Review the documents regarding workers’ compensation and health/dental
insurances and prepare for them, if necessary contacting the Company’s corporate
• Prepare the Government Census report and Miscellaneous 1099/1096 applications
• May manage time cards of the full-time and part-time employees.
• Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required
from time to time – quite often on short notice – by Director/CEO.
• Experience or Bachelor's degree in related field
• Understand Japanese