|Language:||English: Native Level, Japanese: Business Level|
Japanese company seeks a Japanese/English Bilingual Field Applications Engineer.
General Position Summary
This position is to sell complex technological products and services to customers to ensure high customer satisfaction level.
Essential Job Functions
• Establishes personal rapport with existing and potential customers and identifies their requirements.
• Identifies potential customers and establishes new accounts and services accounts.
• Analyses technological problems raised by customers and provides technical resolution and working condition.
• Assess requirements from customers and determine and coordinates the offer package such as quote, Statement of Work, contract etc.
• Provides products, services or equipment with technical and engineering information to customers.
• Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer and internal documents.
• Gains customer acceptance by the form of “design-ins”, POs or contracts.
• Prepares and delivers technical presentation tailored to customers’ needs.
• Reports on sales leads, compiles customer usage forecast and shares application & market report (KPI meeting, budgeting, other meetings)
• Assists CTO with technical insight learned during communications with customers in identifying R&D programs.
• Leads and coordinates new product development where required.
• Handles other tasks including website maintenance, forecasts, budgeting and orders.
• Performs, collects and updates necessary documentation, filing and listing.
• Performs clerical duties such as photocopying, scanning & printing, sending/receiving fax and letters etc.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
• Reports all irregular issues and problems to manager(s) and works to resolve those issues.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by manager.
・Background in technical sales
If not some kind of science degree relevant to our business e.g. electrical, material, physics etc
・Ability to communicate in Japanese
・Entry level candidate welcome
• Bachelor’s degree or a technical background equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, material science, physics, engineering or another similar field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.