|Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
|Language:||English: Business Level, Japanese: Business Level|
Japanese company seeks a Senior Accountant.
Location: Los Angeles California
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position: Senior Accounting
Reporting to CFO
Requirements and Responsibilities
This position requires a meticulous attention to detail and would be best for someone who is passionate about Accounting and the IP/Entertainment Industry. Some prior accounting
experience is required, as is being Bilingual in English and Japanese.
- The Staff Accountant reports to the CFO and is responsible for processing accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Posting of customer payments, ensuring that our invoicing and money matches the applicable agreements and bank deposits
- Uploading documents to Airtable system for customer payments.
- Assisting in preparation of Royalty reports
- Ensuring that vendor invoices under purchase orders match the applicable purchase
- Processing of vendor ACH and Wire transfer/ACH/Check payment runs.
- Preparing journal entries and maintaining records and files and reconciliations of accounts.
- Protecting organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishing accounting and organization mission by completing related results
- Assisting with procedural and control improvements within the accounting department.
- Producing accurate accounting results.
- Supporting month-end and year-end close processes.
- Assisting with expense report review and processing.
- Accounting/Business degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of Quickbooks
- Intermediate MS Excel skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Airtable or similar software preferred.
- Ability to prepare journal entries related to assigned areas
- Accuracy and attention to detail Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Ability to take ownership of work Strong teamwork attitude
- JAPANESE ENGLISH Bilingual – must have professional level skills of reading, writing and communication in Japanese to work with team members in Japan.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA