|Language:||English: Business Level|
Food Trading Company seeks a Graphic Designer.
About the company:
Well established Food Trading company; since the establishment of the company, the business has been constantly growing.
The company imports thousands of Japanese food ingredients, food products and beverages from Japan.
Benefit: Health Insurance, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, Supplementary Insurance
Looking for a graphic designer to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media. What is the role of a graphic designer? The graphic designer job description includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of websites, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions and more. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you. The goal is to inspire and attract the target audience.
· Collaborate with client, editorial staff, manager, art director, and/or other project participants to understand project assignment, audience, and intended message
· Create original visual media that communicates the desired feeling or message in an engaging and unified way
· Create sales tools/materials for Sales team (i.e., Food catalog, beverage catalog, shelf-talkers, drink/food menu, posters)
· Take a key role in website design and layout
· Develop concepts, graphics, and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites.
· Choose graphics, clip art, and stock photography, as appropriate; may enhance choices with simple drawings
· Select fonts for written copy; produce sample layout for approval by client or other project participant
· Design and create content for social media platforms
· Prepare finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment
· Interact with vendors to obtain estimates, place orders and follow up on outstanding orders
· Prepare drafts of design work and provide samples to appropriate staff or departments for review
· Revise projects as necessary based on collaborative feedback process
· Consults with other team members as needed on complex or specialized projects
· Prepare print orders and assembly instructions on notification of final approval
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· Entry-level experience as a graphic designer or in a related field
· Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
· Skills include Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Flash, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop)
· Proficiency with HTML and major web platforms/website builders. (i.e., Squarespace, WordPress)
· A strong eye for visual composition
· Fluent in English
· Fluency in Japanese, Korean, or Chinese is a plus
· Ability to work effectively with cross-functional collaboration
· Strong sensitivity and understanding of cultural nuances. A passion and knowledge of food and beverage.
· Problem-solving skills and resourceful thinking
· Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
· Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design
· Able to give and receive constructive criticism
· Ability to work independently on an assignment
· Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
· Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
· At least three years of related work experience highly preferred
· Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or similar programs
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.