|Salary:||$70K - 90K DOE +Bonus|
|Language:||English: Business Level|
Global electronics Manufacture seeks a Field Service Engineer to serve at its client site in Durham, NC.
Relocation support provided!
The company is a well established public company headquartered in Japan. The company serves one of the largest manufacturer of electrical parts in the world. This is an excellent opportunity to build your career at a leading company in the global market.
General Position Summary
This junior-level Engineer position is responsible for providing field service engineering activities to Company customers independently. This position troubleshoots more complicated products and problems.
Essential Job Functions
Field Service Engineering
• Receives service calls from customer. Determines customer need or problem and responds accordingly.
• May provide over-the-phone consultation and advice to customer, may need to respond to emergency customer situation or may schedule and repair Company’s products at customer site.
• Performs preventative maintenance on Company products.
• Establishes and manages a local maintenance service structure.
• Inspects and evaluates customer usage of Company products.
• Provides training to customers in usage and maintenance of Company products.
• Provides application support on Company products to customer.
• Provides liaison between customer and applications programmer for customer requests involving change in applications.
• Researches market needs and customer applications of Company products.
• Submits application report to management in a timely manner.
• Supports sales activities and establishes and maintains good relationship with customers.
• Participates in sales meetings as required.
• Provides training to other Company field service engineers as needed.
• Submits various reports, such as service reports, weekly report, and expense report to management in a timely manner.
• Receives follow-up and additional training on Company products in Japan.
• Responsible for maintaining company parts and tools.
• Minimizes downtimes of Lasertec systems.
• Effectively communicates with Japan headquarters’ engineers regarding the product applications, technical issues, etc.
Other & Miscellaneous
• Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned by Company management.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
• Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for solution.
• Maintains good communication with supervisors, other staff members, customers and others.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area including any work conducted at customer sites.
Job Requirements: skills, qualifications, working conditions Minimal Required Essential Job Skills
Technical product knowledge, Customer Service, Accuracy, Analysis, Communication: Speaking, Reading and Writing English, and able to use language diplomatically and persuasively with coworkers and customers; Initiative/Follow-through, Judgment, Cooperation, Time Management, Decision-Making, Dependability/Reliability, Diplomacy, Ethics, Listening & Understanding, Problem-Solving.
Qualifications Education & Work Experience
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Received previous work experience in a similar position.
Tools & Equipment
• Use of hand tools, electronic diagnostic equipment, test fixtures equipment.
• General office equipment including phones, personal computer, email, fax, copier and includes pager and mobile phone.
• Software includes the use of Windows operating system & MS Office.